What does a Methane/Landfill Ga Collection System Operator do?
Direct daily operations, maintenance, or repair of landfill gas projects, including maintenance of daily logs, determination of service priorities, and compliance with reporting requirements.
- Track volume and weight of landfill waste.
- Recommend or implement practices to reduce turnaround time for trucks in and out of landfill site.
- Prepare reports on landfill operations and gas collection system productivity or efficiency.
- Diagnose or troubleshoot gas collection equipment and programmable logic controller (PLC) systems.
- Coordinate the repair, overhaul, or routine maintenance of diesel engines used in landfill operations.
- Read meters, gauges, or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify gas collection systems operating conditions.
- Supervise landfill, well field, and other subordinate employees.
- Prepare and manage landfill gas collection system budgets.
- Prepare soil reports as required by regulatory or permitting agencies.
- Oversee landfill gas collection system construction, maintenance, and repair activities.
- Optimize gas collection landfill operational costs and productivity consistent with safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Monitor landfill permit requirements for updates.
- Operate computerized control panels to manage gas compression operations.
- Monitor gas collection systems emissions data, including biomethane or nitrous oxide levels.
- Maintain records for landfill gas collection systems to demonstrate compliance with safety and environmental laws, regulations, or policies.
- Inspect landfill or conduct site audits to ensure adherence to safety and environmental regulations.
- Implement landfill operational and emergency procedures.
- Develop or enforce procedures for normal operation, start-up, or shut-down of methane gas collection systems.
- Evaluate landfill gas collection service requirements to meet operational plans and productivity goals.
- Oversee gas collection landfill operations, including leachate and gas management or rail operations.
- Monitor and control liquid or gas landfill extraction systems.